Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda Saraswati, the greatest Missionary and Visionary of our times, left His bodily form in San Diego on August 3, 1993 at 5:45 PM.
Each Year, Chinmaya Mission Worldwide observes this Holy Day as Chinmaya Ārādhanā Day honoring His Life and Legacy.
Chinmaya Mission San Diego is extremely privileged to host the 25th anniversary of this significant event with a six-day family camp in the very land that He left His mortal coil.
We invite all members of the Chinmaya Family to come together in the august presence of Pujya Swami Swaroopananda, Pujya Swami Shantananda, Swami Ishwarananda, Swami Prakashnanda and many other swamis and brahmacharis.
Unique features of this camp:
- Chinmaya Ārādhanā pujā on Aug. 3rd at the very hour of Mahāsamādhi. Camp ends on Aug. 4th facilitating the entire day of August 3rd - Sādhanā day spent together amidst spiritual teachers of CM and fellow seekers and students.
- Meet Pujya Gurudev through the experiences of senior devotees.
- Remembering the last moments with Pujya Gurudev in San Diego.
- Panel discussion on Sādhanā for gṛhastha-s (those in family life).
- Special message from Pujya Swami Swaroopananda on Aug. 4th on the journey forward.
Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Chinmaya Mahāsamādhi Ārādhanā on August 3, 2018
Chinmaya Jyoti will be lit ceremoniously, at the very hour in the very land that Pujya Gurudev left his mortal coil, by Pujya Swami Swaroopananda, in the presence of Pujya Swami Shantananda, Swami Ishwarananda, Swami Prakashananda and many Chinmaya Mission swamis and brahmacharis from North America and abroad, and devotees and disciples.
Chinmaya Mahāsamādhi Ārādhanā Pujā will be conducted by Pandit Ravichandran with 108 jyoti arcanā, followed by bhajan-s, ārati and mahāprasādam.